Rev. Laverne Hautz – Pastor
- Pastor Laverne Hautz grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan and took his Bachelor of Education degree at the University of Regina. He taught high school math for two years, and then attended the Lutheran Seminary in Saskatoon, from which he received his Master of Divinity degree in 1984. He has served Lutheran churches in Unity, SK., Winnipeg, MB., and Calgary, AB., before coming to Hope in January of 2011. Laverne enjoys working with puppets, gardening, and all kinds of sports. He has been married to his awesome wife, Deanna, for over 30 years, and they have 3 grown children (one across the Pacific, one across the Atlantic, and one in Canada), and 2 grandchildren.
Marcus Todd – Director of Youth and Worship
- Marcus has been the Director of Youth and Worship since 2010, and has been attending Hope his whole life. He loves seeing the transformation that takes place as the kids at Hope evolve into teenagers and the best part of his job is definitely being able to watch students grow in their faith and start to tackle some of the tougher questions about life. Marcus graduated from SFU with a BA in Psychology and is just finishing his Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies at Regent College. When Marcus isn’t around the church designing games involving Nerf guns, glow sticks and space slime, he enjoys going for walks and watching movies with his wife Chelsea, playing games with friends and family, and eating ice cream.
Janice Klassen – Secretary
- Janice and her family moved from Vancouver Island to Port Coquitlam in 2013, with Janice joining the Hope Lutheran staff in the beginning of 2014. She and her husband, Corey, have been married for over 20 years and have 3 children, all of whom are involved in various musical endeavors. In the past, Janice has been a Teacher Assistant, a Music for Young Children teacher, and an interior decorator, mixed in with the full time role of being a mother. She enjoys decorating, baking, music and interacting with people.
Gail Hind – Accountant
Susan Eisner – Elementary School Principal
- Susan Eisner has been part of Hope Lutheran Christian School’s learning community since 2002 teaching grades 3, 2 and Kindergarten and is looking forward to serving as the Elementary School’s Principal this year. With an endearing love for children and a passion for spreading the Gospel of Jesus, she is committed to providing an education of excellence that honors God and inspires people. Susan enjoys the outdoors especially walking her Golden Lab, camping and travelling. She and her husband Mike have three grown sons who were blessed to attend Lutheran schools.
Luke Adam – High School Principal
- Coming to Hope Lutheran Christian School in 2010, Luke was tasked with teaching Hope’s first grade nine class and helping develop the high school program. Now entering his fifth year at Hope, Luke is excited to work with God’s children as they develop their God-given gifts. Growing up on a farm in Stony Plain, Alberta, Luke enjoys visiting home in the summer with his wife and daughter to help on the farm and visit with family and friends. Passionate about sports, Luke is always up for an athletic competition whether participating himself or coaching others.
The Parish Planning Council
The Parish Planning Council is a group of congregation members each assigned to specific tasks to help guide and support the functioning of different ministries here at Hope.
The Board of Elders here at Hope is a group of men, usually six, which exists primarily to support the role of our Pastor and the whole family of Hope Lutheran Church. We are guided by a code of conduct set out In 1 Timothy 3: 1 – 13.
This ministry is carried out in cooperation with our Pastor and we support him in study, prayer and discussion. If there are particular spiritual or personal needs of one of our family here at Hope we pray for them and phone or visit with them. We seek God’s guidance to see where we can be of service in their need. Elders also try to help resolve issues that can arise within the family of believers.
If you have further inquiries please contact us.