Monday, September 21
Tuesday, September 22
Wednesday, September 23
12:15 – 1:00pm Chapel – Stephanie Mayer
The Well @ lunch
Thursday, September 24
6:30 – 8:00 pm Curriculum Evening – Zoom meeting (teachers will send out the link)
Friday, September 25
NO SCHOOL IN SESSION – PRO D DAY
Monday, September 28
Tuesday, September 29
Wednesday, September 30
Individual Picture Day
12:15 – 1:00 pm Chapel
Thursday, October 1
Terry Fox Run – wear red and white!
Friday, October 2
Orange Shirt Day
A PTL meeting was held on September 17th. The minutes from that meeting are posted here: PTL Minutes Sep 17-20
Everyone is welcome to join us for Parent Prayer every Monday evening on Zoom from 7:00 – 7:30 pm (except for holidays).
Please email Tina Goetz for Zoom details: [email protected]
See you this evening at 7 pm!
Km Club Starts Today!
Kilometer (Km) Club is starting today and will until October 30th. This year we need to conduct a hybrid approach for the elementary campus with two 30 minute runs happening from home and one 20 min run during the time at school each Wednesday. For those middle school or distance learning students, you will need to run from home 3 times and enter your kilometers each week. A link to the Km Club class lists was sent by your Class Liaison. Contact Lisa Klym at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Shoe tokens will be awarded for each 6km run. To mark our 25th anniversary, a special “25” token will be awarded for every 25 kilometers achieved!
Parents of K-5, please ensure your child has dressed appropriately for the weather each Wednesday, having outdoor running shoes and a water bottle. Additionally, please have a change of socks for your child.
Even though our opportunities to gather are limited, we can still find ways to connect through volunteering with other parents. Available opportunities:
We require parents from each grade K-5 to assist with their class supervision each Wednesday during the DPA time. A link to that sign-up is here: Km Club Weds Course Supervision
Hope Lutheran now has an account with the Biggar Bottle Depot at 2577 Kingsway Avenue in Port Coquitlam. When returning your empty beverages containers, please consider applying your refund to the Hope Lutheran account by telling the cashier to apply the refund to Hope Lutheran School. All money raised will go towards supporting initiatives that directly benefit our students.
Additionally, we will be launching a recycling fundraising program with ReturnIt Express BC. Pre-labeled recycling bags will be sent home with your youngest child in early October and your beverage recycling can be returned at any BC Return-It Express station. Stay tuned for further details!
Supporting our Staff
The PTL recognizes the hard work and extra effort our teachers and other staff members put into their jobs, often working outside of classroom hours and into the evenings. To support our dedicated staff members, the PTL will be supplying the Staff Rooms at each campus with a Snack Bar – a selection of healthy, non-perishable snack items that staff can access while working after hours.
Our own Schroder Family, owners of Nutri-Nation Functional Foods, are manufacturers of healthy snacking alternatives and they have graciously offered to donate items to our snack bar. Thank you, Schroder Family, for supporting us in this way!
At our recent PTL meeting, Parents expressed interest in donating snack items for this initiative – thank you, Parents, donations are gratefully received. Please drop off donated snack items to the office at either campus. Suggested items are individually packaged granola bars, protein bars, dried fruit bars and dried soup cups. Nothing too sweet or sticky.
We hope you enjoyed reading the first newsletter of this school year.
Submissions are open for the October newsletter. Do you have a special fall recipe to share, something you might serve at Thanksgiving? Has your child achieved something you’d like to feature in the Kudos Korner; what about staff and parents – have you achieved anything significant recently? Please email Lisa Klym with your submissions at [email protected].
Additionally, we are starting a new column called “Caught in the Act…” This will feature students who have been “caught” doing good – performing an act of service or kindness, collecting money for a charity, a community garbage cleanup, etc. We want to encourage our children to realize the small things they can do to make a difference in their spheres of influence and the world around them.
Please include photos with your submissions.
Shop @ Hope Business Directory
We like to support our school families and shop locally. If you have a business you’d like to promote or provide services that would be beneficial to our school community, please register your details on the following form link to be included in our directory. The directory is posted on our website and updated regularly. Shop @ Hope Business Directory
PM Campus Front Gate
Please be advised that the main school front gate is closed due to safety concerns. The side gate is now the entry point to the school grounds. It is important for all staff, parents, and students to ALWAYS close (not lock) the gate at all times.
The Well – Middle School Concession
We are happy to announce that The Well will reopen on Wednesday, September 23rd for business. Our team is ready and excited to serve their peers. Items sold are prepackaged and in an individual casing. All COVID 19 protocols will be observed. Looking forward to seeing you at The Well!
Individual Student Photo Day – Formal Uniform Required
Get ready to put on your best smile! , September 30, is Individual Student Photo Day at the Pitt Meadows. Students will be required to be in their formal uniforms.
Some tips from our photo company, Mountain West, to help your child(ren) prepare for photo day:
- Parents, before your children leave for school on photo day, please remember to look them over and help them look their best. Faces that are clean and clothes that are stain-free will make for great photos!
- Wearing glasses may result in glass glare and/or shadows on the face, and are difficult to retouch. For the best results, please consider asking your child to remove their glasses for their photos.
Note: We are working on a plan for Hope’s home-based learning students to have their individual photos taken on our scheduled Retake Photo day, October 27. More details will be shared as plans are confirmed.
Hot Lunch is coming to the Middle School Campus
Starting on October 2nd, we will be providing a Hot Lunch program every Friday through The Lunch Lady Company.
If you are a new family with no previous account, please use the instructions below to set up your new account.
If you have an existing account with The Lunch Lady, please click “Forgot Password” to reset your account.
PLEASE READ: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES/CHANGES TO REMEMBER!
- In your account, under the customer, please make sure you have selected the correct SCHOOL (Middle School or Elementary Campus), Grade, and Teacher. If you do not select the correct information and save, your child’s lunch might end up in the wrong location.
- You can have different children under the same account in 2 different locations.
- This year, we will only be placing orders one month ahead due to the uncertainty of school closures. Please remember to place your orders before each month. A reminder will be pop up on the school’s Monday Note.
- PLEASE order your child’s condiments. If you do not select condiments with each order, your child will not receive them as we are under strict guidelines to have each lunch order individually packaged and sealed
- An option for NO SPOON & FORK will be available to select for those who want to reduce environmental waste. Please select this if you choose to pack your own utensils.
- ALL Orders/Changes must be received by the Thursday before Hot Lunch at 6:00 am
- Sick Child or need to cancel. Please let The Lunch Lady know before 8:00 am day of Hot Lunch
- Snow Day Policy: if the school is open, we will deliver. Call before 8:00 am if your child will not be at school to get the credit on time.
- Allergies and Food preferences, please contact The Lunch Lady directly.
Instructions to set up a new account:
Go https://order.lunchlady.ca register for a new account.
- If you are a returning customer, you will need to reset your password.
- Login and edit your account profile as needed.
- Add/edit students under the “customers” and provide their school and CORRECT class details.
- Click ORDER NOW to view your school’s AVAILABLE LUNCH DATES on the CALENDAR.
- Pick your date and click on PLACE ORDER to see the order choices.
- You can sort menu items by type and identify favorites. Your selections for each day will be added to your shopping cart. Don’t forget your condiments.
- Click on the shopping cart to see your order and make your payment. Pay by MasterCard,
MC Debit, Visa, Visa Debit, or Interac, via a secure 3rd party partner. No credit card information is stored on our site.
If you have any questions please email the Hot Lunch Committee:
Sharon or Reagen: [email protected]
HOPE LUTHERAN JUNIOR YOUTH SUBMISSIONS
Junior Youth is a ministry of Hope Lutheran Church for students in grades 5-8 focusing on connecting students with Jesus and one another.
Junior Youth Online starts THIS SATURDAY – September 27th! Connect with us by joining our email list! Click here to subscribe and receive updates and each week’s Zoom link.
Have questions? Please email Mrs. Stephanie Mayer ([email protected]).
Terry Fox Run: 40th Anniversary of the Marathon of Hope!
Hope Lutheran Christian School will be participating in this year’s 40th Anniversary of Terry Fox’s Marathon of Hope on October 1st. Please help show your support by donating to our school’s online fundraising page http://www.terryfox.ca/HopeLutheranChristianSchool. Parents are encouraged to help their child(ren) create their own fundraising page – just follow the directions given on the link above. In order to keep our kids safe, individual classes will be running throughout the day. Remember to wear red and/or white. Thank you for supporting our school in the fight against cancer and keeping Terry’s dream alive!