Week at a Glance
Monday, September 2
LABOUR DAY – NO SCHOOL IN SESSION
Tuesday, September 3
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – EARLY DISMISSAL
9:00 am – New Family Orientation
Wednesday, September 4
2:00 pm – Chapel
Thursday, September 5
Friday, September 6
9:00 am PTL Meeting at Port Coquitlam Campus
Monday, September 9
Tuesday, September 10
Wednesday, September 11
2:00 pm – Chapel
Thursday, September 12
Friday, September 13
8:30 am PTL Coffee Fellowship at Port Coquitlam Campus (Rm 103)
Saturday, September 14
1 – 5 pm – Family Fun Event at POCO Campus
Parent / Teacher League (PTL) News
The Hope Lutheran PTL Executive extends a BIG welcome to our new families joining us this year and welcome back to our returning families. We hope you have enjoyed your summer. We are looking forward to a great and exciting year as we focus on this year’s theme of “One Path, One Passion”. Throughout the year, we will reflect with thanksgiving on what the Lord has done and has enabled us to accomplish and we will step forward with faith and anticipation to what our Heavenly Father has in store for us.
The Mission Statement of our school is “Equipping Each Child to Impact the World for Christ’s Glory”. The PTL supports this mission with events and activities designed to reflect the Core Values of Equipping, Belonging and Discipling.
- CLASS LIAISONS – Vacancies remain for 1B, 2A, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B and 7/8.
- PTL MEETING – is Friday, September 6th at 9:00 am at the Port Coquitlam Campus. All are welcome to join us. Claim one volunteer hour for attending.
- EVENT – Our first event is a Family Fun Event on Saturday, September 14th at from 1-5 pm at the PoCo campus. All families and staff members are welcome – please indicate your attendance in this link so we can adequately prepare. Family Fun Attendance.
Volunteering at the Family Fun Event is a great way to earn volunteer hours. Please sign up at the following link: Family Fun Volunteer Signup
- PARENT VOLUNTEER HOURS – A reminder to parents that January 31, 2020, is the deadline to record your 15 hours for Term 1. Links will be sent out shortly from classroom liaisons so you can record your hours. Please only record on your youngest child’s sheet. Any hours you volunteer to help the school can be claimed.
- LUNCHTIME SUPERVISION – We are looking for volunteers for lunchtime supervision at the Pitt Meadows Campus from 11:30 am – 12:15 pm each day. This extra support is needed so the kids can go over to McLean’s Park. Thank you so much for giving your time in this area! You can sign up at the following link: P.M. Lunch Supervision
- USED UNIFORM SALE – Parents are encouraged to buy/sell/trade K-12 uniform items on Hope Lutheran School’s used Uniform Facebook group at
We have several vacancies, listed below, to fill for the coming year. Please email the PTL at [email protected] to express interest in any of these positions.
Volunteer Opportunities – 2019/2020 School Year
- Emergency Preparedness: The PTL is looking to train a parent in September. Help is needed with student ID tags and sorting comfort kits, as well as checking and updating classroom emergency bags.
- Lice Check: Parents are needed starting in September to perform lice checks throughout the school year. No experience necessary, training will be provided.
- Events Photographer: Parents are invited to take on the role of Event Photographer at all our social and athletic events. We’d like to capture action and behind-the-scenes photos at all our school events. If you have an interest in photography and would like to be included as a contact person, please email Lisa Klym at [email protected].
- Christmas Hampers: A Coordinator is required at the beginning of November to send out a Sign Up Genius link to Class Liaisons, arrange for donation boxes and recruit volunteers help to designate items to pre-determined families.
- Father/Daughter Dance: A planning committee is required to facilitate the planning of the Father/Daughter dance, taking place in January.
Kilometre Club (Km)
Kilometer Club is back by popular demand! This fall we are conducting a 5-week run/walk around McLean Park starting Monday, September 16 and going until Friday, October 18. Runs will take place Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school. This will also serve as a training run for the grade 4-8 students participating in the Cross Country track meets.
Registration will be done online this year. Please access Km Club Registration to register your child or yourself.
About 15-20 volunteers are needed each day for the running of this event. If your child is participating, it is strongly encouraged that caregivers volunteer a minimum of three times throughout the duration of the run. Volunteers are needed to: set up, hand out wristbands, conduct warm-up, be a course spotter, stamper, tally laps, clean up, and run the concession. Your time spent helping with Km Club counts towards the Parent Volunteer Hours.
To volunteer please select the following: Km Club Volunteer
Please email Lisa Klym, Km Club Coordinator at [email protected] if you have any questions about this event.
In Other News…
Shuttle Bus Update
At this time there are three spots on the bus coming from PoCo Campus in the morning. Unfortunately, there are NO AVAILABLE SEATS on the bus going to PoCo Campus in the afternoon. Once we add a second and later bus run to accommodate after school activities, this may change. We will keep you updated. Students will need to let the office know if they are taking the later bus at 4:00 pm.
Terry Fox Run
Our school will be participating in the Terry Fox Run again this year. Pledge sheets will be sent home soon. Fundraising is optional, but all students will participate in the run after morning chapel at the PoCo Campus on September 18th. Students should be dropped off at the PoCo Campus in the morning, and they will be transported back to Pitt Meadows by private vehicles and the bus. Parent volunteers are needed for this event; please contact Mrs. Berg for more information ([email protected]).