Week at a Glance
Monday, September 2
Labour Day – NO SCHOOL IN SESSION
Tuesday, September 3
First Day of School – NOON DISMISSAL
9:00 am New Family Orientation
Wednesday, September 4
9:00 am Chapel – Mr. John Lok
Thursday, September 5
Friday, September 6
9:00 am PTL Meeting at PoCo Campus
Monday, September 9
Tuesday, September 10
3:15 – 4:15 pm EAL After School Class (gr. 2/3) begins in Rm 103
Wednesday, September 11
9:00 am Chapel
Thursday, September 12
3:15 – 4:45 pm EAL After School Class (gr. 4/5) begins in Rm 103
Friday, September 13
8:30 am PTL Coffee Fellowship (Rm 103)
Parent Teacher League (PTL) News
The Hope Lutheran PTL Executive extends a BIG welcome to our new families joining us this year and welcome back to our returning families. We hope you have enjoyed your summer. We are looking forward to a great and exciting year as we focus on this year’s theme of “One Path, One Passion”. Throughout the year, we will reflect with thanksgiving on what the Lord has done and has enabled us to accomplish and we will step forward with faith and anticipation to what our Heavenly Father has in store for us.
The Mission Statement of our school is “Equipping Each Child to Impact the World for Christ’s Glory”. The PTL supports this mission with events and activities designed to reflect the Core Values of Equipping, Belonging and Discipling.
- PTL MEETING – is Friday, September 6, at 9:00 am at the Port Coquitlam Campus. All are welcome to join us. Claim one volunteer hour for attending.
- EVENT – Our first event is a Family Fun Event on Saturday, September 14th at from 1-5 pm at the PoCo campus. All families and staff members are welcome – please indicate your attendance in this link so we can adequately prepare. Family Fun Attendance
Volunteering at the Family Fun Event is a great way to earn volunteer hours. Please sign up at the following link: Family Fun Volunteer Signup
- PARENT VOLUNTEER HOURS – A reminder to parents that January 31, 2020, is the deadline to record your 15 hours for Term 1. Links will be sent out shortly from classroom liaisons so you can record your hours. Please only record on your youngest child’s sheet. Any hours you volunteer to help the school can be claimed.
- LUNCHTIME SUPERVISION – We are looking for volunteers for lunchtime supervision at the PoCo Campus from 11:50 am – 12:45 pm each day. This extra support is needed so the kids can go over to McLean’s Park. Thank you so much for giving your time in this area! You can sign up at the following link: PoCo Lunch Supervision
- USED UNIFORM SALE – Parents are encouraged to buy/sell/trade K-12 uniform items on Hope Lutheran School’s used Uniform Facebook group at
We have several vacancies, listed below, to fill for the coming year. Please email the PTL at [email protected] to express interest in any of these positions.
Volunteer Opportunities – 2019/2020 School Year
- Class Liaisons: Vacancies remain for 1B, 2A, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B and 7/8.
- Emergency Preparedness: The PTL is looking to train a parent in September. Help is needed with student ID tags and sorting comfort kits, as well as checking and updating classroom emergency bags.
- Lice Check: Parents are needed starting in September to perform lice checks throughout the school year. No experience necessary, training will be provided.
- Events Photographer: Parents are invited to take on the role of Event Photographer at all our social and athletic events. We’d like to capture action and behind-the-scenes photos at all our school events. If you have an interest in photography and would like to be included as a contact person, please email Lisa Klym at [email protected].
- Christmas Hampers: A Coordinator is required at the beginning of November to send out a Sign Up Genius link to Class Liaisons, arrange for donation boxes and recruit volunteers help to designate items to pre-determined families.
- Father/Daughter Dance: A planning committee is required to facilitate the planning of the Father/Daughter dance, taking place in January.
Kilometre Club (Km)
Kilometer Club is back by popular demand! This fall we are conducting a 5-week run/walk around McLean Park starting Monday, September 16 and going until Friday, October 18. Runs will take place Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school. This will also serve as a training run for the grade 4-8 students participating in the Cross Country track meets.
Registration will be done online this year. Please access Km Club Registration to register your child or yourself.
About 15-20 volunteers are needed each day for the running of this event. If your child is participating, it is strongly encouraged that caregivers volunteer a minimum of three times throughout the duration of the run. Volunteers are needed to: set up, hand out wristbands, conduct warm-up, be a course spotter, stamper, tally laps, clean up, and run concession. Your time spent helping with Km Club counts towards the Parent Volunteer Hours.
To volunteer please select the following: Km Club Volunteer
Please email Lisa Klym, Km Club Coordinator at [email protected] if you have any questions about this event.
Terry Fox Run
Our school will be participating in the Terry Fox Run again this year. Pledge sheets will be sent home soon. Fundraising is optional, but all students will participate in the run after chapel on September 18th. Parent volunteers are needed for this event; please contact Mrs. Berg for more information ([email protected]).
Hope Junior Youth (Grades 5-8)
Hope’s Junior Youth will be starting soon!
To join the email list please contact Mrs. Stephanie Mayer at [email protected].
Hot Lunch Program at Hope Lutheran School
It’s that time of year again! Please log on to http://thelunchlady.ca/ and place your orders for the designated Hot Lunch dates. If you were part of the program last year, there is no need to create a new account. Just log in and choose your child’s name under their new classrooms. If you are new to the program, please scroll down and follow the instructions on how to create a new account.
Important Ordering Tips: (please read)
- Cutlery and straws will only be provided if you select them to order. As part of our school’s litter free campaign, these plastic items will be added to your child’s order upon request
- Condiments – ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, lettuce, extra soya sauce packets and extra syrup can be ordered and added to your orders
- If you find the Entree’s not enough for your child’s growing appetite, hot and cold side items are available to add to your orders
Thank you for your continued support!
Please note the first Hot Lunch date for the school year is scheduled on September 27. You can find the remaining dates on our school’s google calendar.
New to the program? To Register for The Lunch Lady please click on link below for details: