John Lok – K-8 School Principal
- Before moving back to Port Coquitlam in 2016, John spent 15 years in Asia working in Christian non-profit schools first as a teacher and later as a senior administrator. He holds a Bachelors of Business Administration from SFU and a Masters of Education from Newcastle University. John enjoys the outdoors and sports including badminton and volleyball.
Jennifer Watson- Elementary Vice-Principal
- Mrs. Watson has been part of Hope Lutheran Christian School’s learning community since 2007 and has taught grades three and two, while supporting the administration in various roles throughout the years. While in her post-secondary studies at Douglas College and Simon Fraser University, she led youth groups at Hope Lutheran Church and discovered her passion and calling to teach young people about God’s abundant love and mercy. Mrs. Watson and her husband have two children who currently attend Hope Lutheran Christian School. She is an avid reader and enjoys spending time with her family, playing board games, working on puzzles, and doing crafts.
Elena Nast – Middle School Vice-Principal
- Miss Nast has been part of Hope Lutheran Christian School’s learning community since 2009 and has taught grades six through eight, while supporting the administration in various roles throughout the years. Miss Nast completed her post-secondary education at Thompson Rivers University and Concordia University of Edmonton. When not in the classroom or office, Miss Nast enjoys spending her downtime reading, watching movies, singing in a choir, and spending time with family.
Clare Wood – Registrar & Office Manager
- Before becoming part of the staff at Hope Lutheran Christian School in 2005, Mrs. Wood enjoyed being part of the Hope community as a parent of two Hope students and a volunteer. Born in Vancouver, Mrs. Wood grew up in Port Coquitlam and attended UBC to study Urban Land Economics. Using her organizational and management skills in a setting where she can experience God’s grace and mercy both personally and in the lives of the students, parents, and staff has been an incredible blessing for Mrs. Wood. When not helping to keep things running smoothly at the school, Mrs. Wood enjoys reading, taking landscape photos, and throwing the ball for her family dog, Mickey. Mrs. Wood recently got her motorcycle license; both her and her husband are looking forward to exploring more of Canada and the USA on two wheels.
Janice Klassen – Secretary, Port Coquitlam Campus
- Janice and her family moved from Vancouver Island to Port Coquitlam in 2013, with Janice joining the Hope Lutheran staff in the beginning of 2014. Her family enjoyed being part of the Hope community as their two youngest children attended Hope Lutheran Christian School and are now part of the growing alumni. In the past, Janice has been a Teacher Assistant, a Music for Young Children teacher, and an interior decorator, mixed in with the full time role of being a mother. She enjoys decorating, baking, music and interacting with people.